Dark chocolate babka
Dark chocolate babka - (medium difficulty)
Ingredients ( mold 11×28)
- 350 gr w330 flour ( I used our Majorca)
- 60g gr sugar ( I used brown)
- 8g fresh yeast
- 2 bug eggs
- 70g cold water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 90 g butter
- 100 g dark chocolate ( I used our chocolate bars with hazelnuts)
- 70 g melted unsalted butter
- 60g of Pecan nuts, hazelnuts or almonds if you like
- put the flour in a dough machine. Then add sugar, eggs, the chopped yeast and the water
- start kneading adding the butter - 90 gr ( I diced it before) slowly slowly. Stop the machine every now and then because the dough does not need to be hot. Once the dough can be easily removed from the dough machine, put it on a platform with some flour on top. Knead and shape a ball. Transfer the dough on a bowl with some olive oil in the surface. Put the fridge for 6 hours or the whole night ( I did it for the whole night)
- 45' before taking the dough out of the fridge, melt the chocolate and the butter - 70 gr in a pan.Let it cool down.
- Take the dough and put it again on a platform with some flour on it. Work it with the rolling pin and create a rectangular shape.
- spread the chocolate melted with the butter. if you decided to add nuts, this is the moment to add them.
- roll the dough from the long side and then cut into 4 or 2 ( I cut in 2). Create a braid.
- put the brain in the mold. The mold needs to have baking paper on.
- let rise again until the dough becomes double the quantity
- then put in the oven ( the oven needs of course to be hot) at 180 degrees for 25-28 minutes.
- let it cool down before cutting it. I know it's hard though :)