OVEN BAKED ZUCCHINI STUFFED WITH WHITE ONION, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES, CACIO CAVALLO CHEESE AND BREAD CRUMBS (X2)
- 2 big zucchini
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 big white onion
- Bread crumbs (thick milling)
- Two thick slices of caciocavallo cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive oil, salt and pepper
Carefully wash the zucchini and cut them for the length.
Using a small knife, carve the white part and keep it aside.
Preheat the oven at 180°C and once warm, bake the zucchini for about 10 minutes.
In the meantime slice the onion thin and cook it in a pan with two spoons of olive oil. When the onion is transparent, add the white part of the zucchini (previously cut in smaller cubes) and cook it on high fire for about 5 minutes, while mixing continuously. Bring to flavour with salt and pepper.
Out of the fire, add the diced caciocavallo, the sun-dried tomatoes (previously cut in smaller pieces) and finally the bread crumbs.
Take out the zucchini from the oven and fill each half with the mix. Set it back in the oven for about 25 minutes. Once ready let it cool down for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
- If you are looking for an extra crunch, add some almonds cut in small pieces!
- Are you a meat lover? Bake some guanciale and add it to the final mix, it will bring an extra flavour to your dish!