- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 250 g of mascarpone cheese
- Tea biscuits (or also our Hazelnut Biscuit)
- 1 large cup of coffee
- Cocoa powder
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites. In another bowl beat the yolks together with the sugar until it is fluffy and light.
- While mixing, add the mascarpone cheese one spoon at the time until completely absorbed. In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
- With a spatula, pour the egg whites into the first mix making slow and gentle movements from the bottom to the top, always in the same direction.
- At this point start composing your tiramisù.
- Spread 3 spoons of the mix at the bottom of your tray (once again, be gentle to avoid the egg white to become liquid again).
- Soak each biscuit for 2 seconds in the coffee and lay it onto the tray and create the first layer. Cover with half of the remaining mix.
- Make a second layer of biscuits and finally pour the rest of the mix on top.
- Cover the tray with cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle the surface with some cocoa powder.
- Before beating the egg yolks clean the electric beater very well with cold water and dry it. This ensures the egg whites not to become stiff.
- You are sure that the egg white is stiff enough if turning your bowl upside down the mix doesn’t move or fall.
- Make the coffee before starting and pour it in a large cup so that it cools down faster. If the coffee is too hot the biscuits will become too soft too soon.
- If you like, instead of using a tray you can use 4 different small cups/glasses/jars and compose 4 single portions tiramisù.